Since this is a brand spanking new blog, I have a lot of white space to fill! And why is there a three year gap in my quilting?
In 2009 I became so ill with a disabling disease that I could no longer quilt. I spent several years bedridden and using a wheelchair to get to doctor and hospital visits. A life-changing surgery in November of 2012 freed me and now I feel like a young kid charging out onto the playground! Being able to walk, sit at my machine, and drive to the fabric store are things I no longer take for granted.
So I'm blowing the dust off the Bernina and jumping in! Life is GOOD!
|Take the Steps|
54 x 38
|Take the Steps, detail|
A sampling of quilts
Here are a few of my quilting explorations so far....
- Take the Steps - 2003, Juried into "Sacred Threads" Exhibition, Columbus, OH
- Sarah with Guitar - 2008, private collection
- Lake Quilts - 2004, Exhibited at "Les Femmes Artists" and televised on local NBC affiliate
- Looking at You - 2006 - Juried into "Fragments" Exhibit, Museum of Art, Bakersfield, CA
- Faces - 2007, Juried in "Portraits" Exhibit, Liberty Art Gallery, Yreka, CA
- Dancing Green - 2008, Recycled Challenge, Quilting Arts Magazine, private collection
|Sarah with Guitar, detail|
|Sarah with Guitar|
28 x 20
16 x 12
16 x 12
16 x 14